District official training series
The National Association of Conservation Districts and the National Association of State Conservation Agencies recognize the importance of providing training for Conservation District Officials to understand both your responsibilities and to support you in leading a successful conservation district.
DACD has developed this Conservation District Training Series based on topics outlined by NACD and NASCA.
As these materials are released, the links for each topic will become active.
- History of the Conservation Movement
- What is a Conservation District
- Legal Responsibilities
- Ethics and General Responsibilities
- Roles and Responsibilities of Local, State and National Association and Partners
- Understanding Local, State and Federal Laws, Rules and Regulations Related to Conservation Districts
- Fiduciary Responsibilities and Financial Training
- District Officials’ Roles in Personnel Management
- State and National Resolutions Process
- Conservation Programs
- Legislative Processes
- Proper Protocol in Conducting Public Meetings
- Basic Operations
- Election Process and Board Member Recruitment